Monday 25 January 2016

Toyin Oshinaike And Wife Reveal Secret Of Their Successful Relationship

Nollywood actor Toyin Oshinaike and his wife, Tope, have revealed some interesting details about their relationship, starting from how they met to the challenges they have encountered as a couple and the secret of their successful union. File photo of Adebola Williams, Tunde Kelani, Toyin Oshinaike, Jide Kosoko and a production crew member.
File photo of Adebola Williams, Tunde Kelani, Toyin Oshinaike, Jide Kosoko and a production crew member.

Speaking exclusively to The Punch, the actor said he first met his wife while on set and he was in search of an actor to play in one of his productions.

He said:



“We met a few years ago when I was looking for an actor to play a role in one of our productions. A friend who recommended that she played the role took me to her house because I needed to convince her about it. She eventually agreed to play role and I was the director of the production. We worked together on a couple of other productions as well.”

The actor who recounts being raised in a broken home said he did not think he would fall in love. Also, based on the appearance of his wife the first time he met her, he said he did not think she was good enough for him. But one thing led to another and they began a relationship which led to marriage.

He said:
“When we got to the house, we were told she went to fetch water. I saw her carrying a bucket of water on her permed hair and her legs were dirty. Judging from her appearance, she did not strike me as someone that could speak English, but I was amazed when I heard her speak. I am not one who easily falls in love even though I had dated some ladies in the past. Growing up, I knew I always wanted to have a beautiful family. I was raised in a broken home and as such, did not know what love meant. I did not plan to fall in love.”

On some of the challenges they have faced as a couple, Tope Oshinaike said of the relationship:

“One of the major challenges was his constant absence from home due to the nature of his job. I ensured I followed him to camps at every opportunity I got. But I was not really worried most of the time because I knew he would bring back some money when he returned. It was not an unpleasant experience and I was patient.”

She also stated that he likes to dwell on things a bit too much.

She said: “My husband likes to dwell on issues. Sometimes, he does that for a whole day to ensure that whatever message he wants to pass across sinks in.”

On his part, the actor explained that his wife could be slightly selfish. He said: “Some of them are selfish little acts and do not really cause any trouble or misunderstanding. I have learnt not to disturb her when she wants to sleep.”

On the secrets to their successful union, she says much of it is from God.

She said: “Prayer and consistency have been helpful. We have belief in the same God and we love ourselves. Sometimes, we cannot really identify why we love ourselves.”

She however added that: “He could be lazy at times and at other times, he could prove useful. The only food he cooks is noodles and egg. [But] he does not overlabour me with trivial domestic chores; he helps when the need arises.”

Tope Odunaike advised other celebrity couples to stay focused in their relationships as well as confide in their partners.

“They should always confide in their partners, be friends with them, make them their only lover and stay focused.”

Toyin Oshinaike is a Nollywood actor and movie producer who first shot into limelight following a remarkable performance in the popular Nigerian drama series, Super Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment