Friday 12 February 2016

Louis Van Gaal Begs Manchester United

Outgoing Manchester United manager, Louis Van Gaal has pleaded with the management of Old Trafford to let him know more about his fate at the club.

According to reports in The Sun UK on Friday morning, the Dutchman also demanded assurances from United’s American owners and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward that they are not recruiting his successor behind his back while he tries to achieve the goal set for him to continue in his position.

Van Gaal also denied knowledge of Mourinho’s appointment saying he would have known if such a big deal was going down. He also expressed dissatisfaction with the huge publicity being given to the whole affair without Manchester United’s management coming out to set things straight.

“Mourinho is my friend but I don’t know if Manchester United have spoken with him or not.

“If they are thinking they want to replace me, they have to prepare and enquire. But if it is like that, they have to say it to me.

“I have spoken with Ed Woodward and I cannot imagine they have spoken with each other.

“I am annoyed with all the publicity. I have been ‘sacked’ three times and now it is about negotiations starting with Jose Mourinho.”

The Sun UK also quoted Van Gaal as saying in an interview with Independent UK that players have been fed up with his communication and both the Glazers and Woodward are disappointed with United’s season to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment