Monday 30 November 2015

Read this Wande Coal interview as he reveal some personal secret

For Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe, popularly known as Wande Coal, it’s been a long time coming on his music career. After five years of dropping his debut album, Mushin 2 Mo’ hits (M2M), the singer has now followed it up with an 18-tracker entitled, Wanted.

Released on his own Black Dia­mond label, Wanted is currently mak­ing waves as no day passes without it being played on the radio. In this chat with Entertainer, he talks about the album and how he handles scandals among other issues. Enjoy.

Why did it take you five years to release your second album?

I was in Mo’Hits, the company dissolved in 2011. I was left alone to choose and I moved with Don Jazzy without a contract, just because of love. As an artiste, I felt it was okay to go with a producer. We started working on the album but we didn’t agree on contract, so I had to move on. And that means I had to start all over again, writing new songs and get new producers. That’s why it took this long.

Why did you title the album Wanted? Has anyone declared you wanted?

I have been dropping singles but it wasn’t just enough, people have been asking for my album. This is why I titled it ‘Wanted’. This album cuts across all demographics. I feel this album is my own creativity and personal growth. I have been planning to work with Tuface, and on this al­Bvm, I worked with Tubaba. I worked with eight producers on this album. I believe it’s a great album.

How long did he take you to cook an 18-track album?

Two years. Like I told you, I already had the album, but I had to start all over. I had to write new songs.

Why do you always avoid the press? Are you publicity shy?

I love the press. I am not running away from the press. But to create music is a difficult thing, I’m done now so I’m back fully.

Are you a celebrity at home?

I am not a celebrity at home.

What is it that people don’t know about Wande Coal?

Wande is a funny guy. He likes to be happy. He is a lovable person and there is never a dull moment when he is around.

What made you cry when you had a scandal in the early days of your career?

As a human being, the different news stories that come out will affect you. But I feel you have to get up immediately. I don’t care about what has happened. I just learn from my mistakes and make sure I become a better person. I picked up myself and recreated myself.

What would you have done differently?

I wish I had known the things I know now from that time. The way I did it then, I based every­thing on love, back in those days. I should have put business into it. Everything was based on love and friendship.

So, you are not going to do that again?

I think ev­erything in life teaches you a les­son. You don’t let off your guards.

What is music to you?

Music is ev­erything to me. For example, I wouldn’t be here today without my music. That is what brought me out.

Wizkid and Da­vido look up to you. Isn’t it?

I love their music, but the only person that I can say we went through a lot together and have major interest in is Wizkid. He has learnt and I think he is a great kid. I love him to death. He is my brother. Davido is doing his own thing. In the game, there is going to be friction at some point. People have to understand that music is competitive.

What about your mixtape with Wizkid?

My mixtape with Wizkid is coming out after this album. He is dropping an EP (Extended Play) and we will work on the mixtape

No comments:

Post a Comment