Saturday 28 November 2015

Exclusive: My Parents Divorced When I Was 11- Kaffy

Ace Nigerian dancer and choreographer Kaffy is the founder and owner of Imagneto Dance Company.

In an interview with Naij.com, the Guinness World Records dancer speaks on what marriage has changed about her over the years and how she has been playing a motherly figure at a very young age. On what marriage has changed about her, Kaffy disclosed that being married has given her more strength than she can imagine and it is not easy being a working mum.

She said: “marriage has changed a lot of things about me and given me more strength than I ever thought. I would say it is a tough institution especially when you have two young people who still want to explore. Also, being a working mum and having a handsome husband is not easy because there is jealousy. We had our first our son before we were married and we had issues with the families before we came together. It has changed a lot of perspective but for me, it is not like it was unexpected because growing up I have been handling all forms of responsibilities.”

Speaking about her taking up responsibilities at a very young age, she disclosed that her parents divorced when she was 11years leaving her to cater for her younger siblings.

Kaffy said: “When I was 11-year-old my parents divorced putting me in the situation of taking care of younger ones. So, I have always been a mother figure. It was not a task for me but God was preparing me for what I am facing now because if I didn’t go through all that experience I would have probably failed woefully in my marriage.”

She thereby advised people to celebrate any couple who are happy in their marriage because it is not easy especially celebrity couples.

The famous dancer just released her DVD Ijoda and is currently the judge on Peter Okoye’s TV series, Dance with Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment